Westlake Village Criminal & DUI Defense Lawyers

Se Habla Español 818.783.5700

Westlake Village Probation Violations Lawyer

About Probation Violations

Probation can be given to individuals in several instances. If you have been convicted of a first time and normally minor offense, rather than a jail sentence, the judge may deem to give you a probationary period as your sentence. A person can also be let out early from their sentence in jail for good behavior and be paroled. With either scenario, there would still be a probationary period in which certain terms must be followed or risk getting sent to jail for probation violations. The following are some reasons a person could get arrested following any of these probation violations:

  • Failure to report to you assigned probation officer
  • Being arrested for a new crime
  • Associating with known criminals or organizations
  • Not attending a scheduled court hearing
  • Not attending a court-ordered drug or alcohol abuse counseling program
  • Failure to complete assigned community service

A probation violation could put you at risk of a bench warrant and arrest. If you have failed to keep your terms of probation and need assistance with preventing incarceration, contact the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Vallens, criminal defense attorney in the Westlake Village, Agoura Hills and Thousand Oaks areas. Our firm can provide you with the legal advice you will need to determine what your best course of action is. Violating your probation does not mean you automatically have to go to jail, let our office help you fight for your freedom.

Avoid Jail With Defense Attorney Jeffrey S. Vallens

Once a probation violation occurs, your probation officer or the court will likely issue a bench warrant for your arrest. This means that you can be picked up at any time, at work or home. Don’t let this embarrassing and risky situation continue without visiting our criminal defense lawyer. Our firm has helped hundreds of individuals with their criminal charges over the past 14 years and can do the same for you. Let us help you stay out of jail and correct your probation violation.

If you have violated your probation, let our firm help you stay out of jail. Contact a criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Vallens for a free initial consultation.